PDA

View Full Version : Demo Journal

siempre99
09:37,
Been quite a while because I had been around the Forex community, but I'm back on a demo account. Unfortunately it looks like no broker with reduced enough spreads would allow me to execute my previous system without putting me manual execution. Brokers that won't place me manual have spreads which are too high.

Time for a new system... testing online demonion. Results so much here:

http://www.sundownaudio.com/forex/5-21-08/DetailedStatement.htm

From 5/8/08 into 5/21/08 so far today I'm up a little over 16 percent on 96.61% winning trades.

Currently working at reduced risk with small partial lots to get the hang of it .

siempre99
21:49,
Are you really saying no broker will permit you to conduct your preceding EA??

Rusty I was not using any EA before for my previous egy (I'd some logs posted here), just seeing the charts daily and doing it by hand. Involved larger lots and less pip movement chiefly at certain times of the day.

I've got an EA in combination with manual transactions now. Involves more pip movement, therefore I don't think that it'll result in me getting put on manual.

siempre99
23:10,
Most of the smaller trades you see are my manual trades - most of the larger trades are out of my EA. I keep an eye on the EA as well and often will close trades for it if I think that it's on the wrong track.

My old method was a lot more profitable but did need me staring in my charts ALL afternoon and I found it very stressful - risk was also high as I was using much bigger lots. It worked great on demo, but like I said, I got placed on manual each time I attempted it live.

Oxuri
00:31,
By Manual, what do you mean? Do you need to call in this order?

Rusty

siempre99
01:51,
By Manual, what do you mean? Did you have to call in the order? Basically... after I starting making winning trades for a few days in a row my transactions were no longer instant. It's known as manual implementation since the dealing desk would then have to reevaluate my orders before they would go through.

Not one of my orders could close in profit now, only at zero or a loss - any effort to close an order in profit led to a re-quote until it went into negative or zero.

More Reputable brokers had spreads too large for that egy - it took 2 pips on EUR/CHF (primary pair used) and EUR/USD - occasionally USD/JPY.

Oxuri
03:12,
I see now.
Rusty

siempre99
04:33,
I see now.
Rusty Indeed. It was fairly discouraging following how well I managed to do on demo to be re-quoted on just about any trade.

I have not messed with it for over a year and a half until lately. Testing some new methods out along with a new broker once I choose to go live.

Oxuri
05:54,
I, too, have just got back to FX after about 17 months away. I'm working on taming among my preferred EAs so that it doesn't blow up all of the time. And taking a few manual trades here and there as well.

siempre99
07:15,
Not much action since last article - have been awaiting some trades that I entered too premature. My EA entered a long position EUR/USD and I entered two more. I shut mine at small profits (average because of my method) but the EA place was entered higher so is still open.

Could possibly be able to shut it in tiny profits today.

siempre99
08:35,
Testing just how far my EA will let a losing trade go... a bit too far for my taste. So the overall return is now down to 2.036% overall for 21 days.

In the future I will close EA trades should I feel that they are not on the ideal path. That is what demonion is for https://www.forexsoutheast.asia/attachments/1527820842.png

siempre99
09:56,
Have just been using EUR/USD up until today will enlarge to USD/JPY and GBP/USD too.

Oxuri
11:17,
Are you really saying no broker will permit you to conduct your previous EA??

Rusty