PDA

View Full Version : Testing Parabolic breakout

cannnyql
15:18,
Hi everyone, I am new to this kind of day to day ahead testing, but since I started I have experienced a great deal of fun https://www.forexsoutheast.asia/attachments/1528667447.png.

I would like to start this diary while I test a very straightforward system I am conceiving. I dont need to talk about it right now as I prefer to see whether it works or not , but I guess that just looking the orders we will post you'll be able to quickly find it out as it is extremely straightforward.

To utilize this system one needs to take 300-600 pips drawdown for every pair you exchange. If all goes well (and I understand it rarely does) the system should return 1000 or perhaps 3000 pips for each pair traded. If this will happen is all to be viewed, the system is obviouslly suited to be traded using many and very small lot sizes. I am currently testing with ultra modern micro money on marketiva, simply to see what happens. Each order amounts at just 1 dollar.

I am a little over a week into the evaluation and I am at around 570 pips in negative spread over 4 pairs. Like I said I am prepared to allow over 500 pips under to each of them so I widely into the margins.

Http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=8676643owner=postrock

Potential G/L to may 19 = -569 pips

cannnyql
05:03,
Hi..today my egy has moven into the best direction I could think of.
I passed in just two times from over 500 pips in negative to over 1200 pips in positive.
So..if I had been to trace my egy into the letter I would stick another daily order on both the positive pair I'm trading (and I would leave another two evolve). .but as this is truly the very first attempt I'm doing I will shut the EURUSD orders and cash in about 1000 pips, they'll be utilized as a cushion for opening more positions on the other positive pair (USDCHF). .

Http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=8741232owner=postrock

Realized P/L to will 22 = 1005 pips
Potential P/L = another 298 pips

knt87
06:24,
One of my egy is comparable and I using it on several markets

50 MA along with the SAR, above the MA Long just, below the MA brief just the SAR for entrances as well as the tracking,
with flat MA get out

good system,

good luck with the backtest https://www.forexsoutheast.asia/attachments/1528667447.png

cannnyql
07:44,
Hi mate..thx for the encouraging comment. .
But I will do no back evaluation, exclusively forward testing.

I only had a quick view in the back data, and where I laid my eyes this egy seemed to work..but I really only trust forwards results. .

cannnyql
09:05,
Now the market went of around 450 pips, seems like I made the ideal decision to cache in the over 1000 pips out of EURUSD.

I started two new short stop orders 1 pip below the daily bars ofat the breakout of the very low USDCHF and USDJPY. . I have e feeling that it wont restart my management tomorrow, but the 1000 banked pips allow me to transfer one eyes closed to the egy I'm analyzing.

Http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=8765010owner=postrock

Realized P/L to could 22 = 1005 pips
Possible P/L = -138 pips

P.s I also reported the yesterday P/L as the one of may 22, in reality which has been the P/L for might 21. .

cannnyql
10:26,
The very first week of reporting has shut. My receptive orders went back to positive.

Next steps:

-USDCHF: new brief at 1.0199
-AUDJPY: maintain my only open position to Find out if it recovers
-USDJPY: I will transfer my untriggered short order to 103.00

http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=8820513owner=postrock

Realized P/L to may 23 = 1005 pips
Potential P/L = yet another 219 pips

Jttka
11:47,
Nice Diary
Interesting Trading Strategy
Great result
Keep up a Fantastic work

cannnyql
13:08,
Thx for your comment hik, pls return!

cannnyql
14:28,
Back to the testing..

Nowadays there's no demand for a pic, both the orders I has signalled yesterday werent triggered. This time I will likewise not alter those untriggered orders to the latest closed bar low or high, because the two said bars ends are simply a couple of pips away in my open orders. Even the is almost the exact same as the day. .

Realized P/L to may 26 = 1005 pips
Possible P/L = another 200 pips

cannnyql
15:49,
Awful news for now. .

The market moved against me, this day I thought I would close all orders and money in a general 200 pips but I didnt do it for the sake of testing the method mechanic. At the time a stop loss was also struck for a loss of 209 pips.

I will hold on, even though I have the feeling that my gains will fade off a few more tomorrow.

Http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=8891127owner=postrock

Realized P/L to may 27 = 796 pips
Potential P/L = -201 pips

cannnyql
17:10,
More bad news for today..no must post a pic, since its easy to prove when items go not how you wished them to. .

Goo item is I am still in gain..in fact I think I should close all orders at the moment and keep the profited pips (I think about 350-400). .but I will adhere to it and risk losing the profits left. After all my testing has just started and things cant move perfectly right from the get go.

Realized P/L to will 28 = 796 pips
Potential P/L = -403 pips

I'll check again tomorrow to find out if the train wrecked or not..fingers crossed. . I'm risking large cash here (a few centshttps://www.forexsoutheast.asia/attachments/1528667448.png). .

cannnyql
18:31,
END OF FIRST ROUND..

I closed all orders once I realized that the market was moving against me.

I closed in certain tiny profits, but because the sum of my positions was up to over 1200 pips at once, I figure that falling down to a profit of just 44 pips is pretty dissappointing. The problem was in my departure egy wich is a small undefined. I timed the departure for the orders, but I screwed the rest of those. .

Realized P/L to will 29 = 44pips

Next time I will kick in the test some cash management. .
I will start the reporting again when the next signs will indie I begin opening orders again, could take a couple of days. .

cannnyql
19:51,
SECOND ROUND STARTS..

Ok. . I got two signs, one from EURUSD and one from USDCHF.
This time I am going to try out some simple mney direction on the lot dimensions.
Every lot I'll open will be half of what the balance is. By way of example if we've 6000 dollars, each lot will probably be of 3000 $, if we've 8000 each lot will be 4000. .
If we've 7500 each lot will be half of the decrease round number. This could be still 3000 for each lot.

I calculated this way from the worst case scenario (over 500 pips beneath for all the 4 pairs), my overall loss will be 25 percent or less.

USDCHF stop short at 1.0141
EURUSD cease long at 1.5846

Lest see how it goes this time.

cannnyql
21:12,
None of the two orders were triggered, I suspect that tomorrow my signal is going to be erased. In the meanwhile its still there so I changed my already open orders into the following prices:

EURUSD: stop buy at 1.5657
USDCHF: stop market at 1.0263

cannnyql
22:33,
The psar signals on EURUSD and USDCHF have both vanished.

The USDCHF order nevertheless was triggered..and is currently 95 pips in negative. I am not opening different orders before another sign shows up.

Realized P/L into june 12 = 44pips
Potential P/L = -95 pips

cannnyql
23:54,
Nothing has changed but also the fact that I'm now just a tiny bit under if in comparison to the last upgrade. No additional orders were issued and the losing open order on USDCHF remains open, even though I probably ought to close it at this time.

Realized P/L to june 12 = 44pips
Possible P/L = -157 pips

cannnyql
01:15,
UNfortunately I had forgot to cancel a pending order from 8 days back on EURUSD..and it triggered.
Currently USDJPY gave me a sign, so I left a pending order about the very low breakout of yesterdays pub.

Realized P/L to june 12 = 44 pips
Possible P/L = -216 pips

cannnyql
02:35,
The very last times not much has occurred with my open and pending orders. Today I see that the EURUSD order which was triggered by mistake has now gone 85 pips to positive, USDCHF has also moved in my direction and is at baldness.

Additionally, I kept shing my impending USDJPY order to match the minimum of the last closed daily bar, it wasnt triggered yet, now it likely will, whether it is going to turn into a profit its to be seen.

I am not opening another impending on EURUSD because of my mistake caused one already to be opened, even if EURUSD will continue growing for a couple days I'll open different ones.
My method dictates that I open new orders USDCHF, therefore I'll only see how the receptive person will do.

Realized P/L to june 25 = 44 pips
Potential P/L = another 35 pips

ndel
03:56,
Buddy,,

I believe that it is better to use tinypiclt;dotgt;come to post ur graph picture!!

sonic

cannnyql
05:17,
Thx for the suggextion.. I will check the site, but I actually like shareapic.

On with the testing. Another good day for today! My open order wet my leadership. I opened new orders for EURUSD, USDCHF and USDJPY..even if the risk is dropping the profits made. .

Http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=9620797owner=postrock

Realized P/L to june 25 = 44 pips
Possible P/L = another 280 pips

cannnyql
06:38,
Since EURUSD will bounce back down after it hits the latest peak I shut EURUSD and USDCHF orders. I cashed in 323 pips over 4 orders.

I left the USDJPY orders added a stop brief on today's minimum less spread.

Http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=9634808owner=postrock

Realized P/L to june 27 = 367 pips
Possible P/L = a different 176 pips

cannnyql
07:58,
Prices have gone up and down since I last updated this diary. My 3 open orders have become loss and then in gain again.

I am not shutting them yet, I would like to finally ride 2000-3000 pips at precisely the same PSAR movement..it might not occur, but I'll try. .

Http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=9897946owner=postrock

Realized P/L to july 11 = 367 pips
Potential P/L = another 83 pips

cannnyql
09:19,
The last ones were a couple of days. The market has declared its movement in my direction for USDJPY and im over 500 pips in favorable.
I started a new pending brief at yesterdays low. I expect some retracement but I wont close my orders for now.

Http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=9980878owner=postrock

Realized P/L into july 15 = 367 pips
Potential P/L = a different 557 pips

edit..it was for july 15, not 16. .

cannnyql
10:40,
Back up!!!

I know this isnt a trading behaviour that one could have trading more than just pennies. . .but leaving all my losing positions open for two months paid in the long run. . .think it the way that you would like. .
That is merely testing..so one can have some weird behaviours I suspect. .

The profit I only shut is of 892 pips wich summed to the 367 already made sum around:

http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=11533362owner=postrock

Realized P/L to september 29 = 1259 pips

cannnyql
12:01,
Today 2 orders were triggered. And the market is going my way (for now). .Yesterday I was over 500 pips under. Today I am in positive.
Still I havent closed any open orders, or so the G/L is still only potential. I will put the real P/L as soon as I begin shutting any of my available orders.

Http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=8707204owner=postrock

Potential G/L to will 20 = 165 pips