PDA

View Full Version : McGrew MACD and Other discussions

allaomd
00:07,
I use a similar system developed by Rob Booker (http://robbooker.com). It uses a 5/15/63 EMA crossplatform. In addition, I use a McGrew MCAD with it for ancient warnings for bottoms and tops. Works for me.

kevincayzantu
19:49,
I use a similar system developed by Rob Booker (http://robbooker.com/). It utilizes a 5/15/63 EMA crossplatform. I also utilize a McGrew MCAD with it for early warnings for bottoms and tops. Works for me. I´Id sent Mr. McGrew last year about his MACD-Indior and that he informed mepersonally,
that he will develop it for Metatrader too. Do you know more about this.

Regards
Chris.

allaomd
21:10,
I have been told that McGrew's MCAD obligated one to use TradeStation, and they demand a minimum $5000 account as well as charging $100 per month subscription. Since you utilize McGrew's MCAD would you inform me if this information is correct.

Also, from what I have been told of McGrew's system, it's a stand alone, and if I understand you properly, you use a moving average cross system along with it. Can you believe that this is essential? Or would you feel comfortable using McGrew's system by itself?

Thank you for your help in getting advice about McGrew's MACD. McGrew MCAD is avalable on VT Trader since the Mac Dot program, I believe that there is a variation for MT4 too. for free. Additionally there is a clone on the market from the title of Frutty Pebbles or any such. Before Phil McGrew set up his website and went propritary on us (I don't realy blame him, it's a fantastic indior) he was great at helping others develop variations of his or her system.

Assess here http://www.visualtradingcharts.com/ and here http://forum.vtsystems.com/ for the vt trader versions. As a last resort contact Claude on the Factory he composed the McGrew MacDot indior for VT

Personally I use it with a 5/15/63 EMA cross platform system.

taysanso
22:31,
Hello all,

I am pretty familiar with McGrew MACD because I composed it. I went commercial because I trade full time and did not have time to support hundreds of requests for free code and free support. In the lack of service the machine can't be traded to its fullest extent and that is not good because my name is attached into the code. I offer it in TradeStation because that is the only language I understand. At one point I did believe conversion to MT4 however as a non-programmer I couldn't comprehend the language and the signs did not closely match those of TradeStation. The code is enrolled and copyrighted and I am not aware of free copies floating around but I do admit that trading Forex is a lot more profitable than being paranoid and chasing leads.

I am not here to sell you anything but if you have questions I will answer them.

Best regards,
Phil McGrew

oxnitures
23:51,
Phil

I use Tradestation... and I have searched the Forums with your name and came up empty on results. (Could be my search parameters weren't well thought out) Is there any documentation on your own MACD version somewhere I can read? Is there an ELD you can share - or is it available from the Tradestation Add-Ons part?

Thanks
Bakrob

allaomd
01:12,
The McDot system that I mentenioned in my previous post was removed form the VT Trader Forum. It was a fantastic indior and that I thank Mr McGrew for his hard work on it. Someday when I move to Tradestation it will be used by me. I recomend it to all.

taysanso
02:33,
Wow! Thanks for the compliment Mr. Whipple.

I have information on the system but again, I am not here to promote anything. You can PM me if you would like. I just stopped by to answer queries when a friend said that my name was shown up on this forum.

Ana8893
03:54,
While it used to be the case you could get help from Phil and also the code to the indior for free, the only means to receive it now (and get it done right) is through Phil.

I think Phil did a lot of fantastic work for free, for many folks, and for a fee one time when I paid him $2,000 to teach one of my seminars. The McGrew MACD is the kind of indior/system that needs, in my estimation, some instruction and additional assistance from the creator himself. I think Phil's choice to earn money from his own creation was totally affordable.

Although I've had my personal differences with Phil, I want to mention I agree that the only accepted version of the indior can be found from Phil. In fact, I think the only available authentic version of it is available from him. Anything else you discover there is not very likely to work really well because there are tips of the trade and useful hints you aren't likely to get with a standalone indior. Phil knows his stuff.

At Phil's petition I attempted to possess the Fruity Pebbles indior removed from an charting package however, the charting package company didn't do it (sadly ). If you find it out there, I think it's totally useless as an indior or system and can not possibly endorse it at all. If you are considering anything similar in any way, talk to Phil.

There might be a mistaken impression on the market that there's bad blood between Phil and I. It couldn't possibly be farther from the truth. I wish the very best for Phil, still think about him a previous friend, and believe he has a lot of good to offer you the traders of the planet. In case he feels differently , that would be his choice of course. Anything that I was able to do to help him I'm glad that I did. Anything I did to harm him I'm sorry that I did. But it needs to be made clear that I still have happy thoughts about our time working together.

Rob

Midastro
05:15,
McGrew MCAD is avalable on VT Trader since the Mac Dot system, I believe that there is a version for MT4 too. for free. Additionally there's a clone on the market from the name of Frutty Pebbles or any such. Before Phil McGrew set up his site and went propritary on us (I don't realy blame him, it is a fantastic indior) he was great at helping others develop variations of his own system.

Assess here http://www.visualtradingcharts.com/ and here http://forum.vtsystems.com/ for your vt trader variations. As a last resort contact Claude on the Factory he composed the McGrew MacDot indior for VT

Personally I use it with a 5/15/63 EMA cross system. And what is working for you?
Rob isn't using it anymore.

allaomd
06:35,
I like the VT version that Claude composed and use it a lot. It does give out signals that are false. I use it in combination with some 5/13/62 EMA and observe the MACD and slow stoch and rsi. I also see candlestick paterns. That combo has won me a lot of pips. I am sorry that it is no longer freely avalable, but when I was in Mr. McGrew's shoes I'd probably do exactly the same thing. (I am a programmer too)

taysanso
07:56,
Mr. Whipple,

In all fairness, I have never discussed trading the MACD Dots with you personally. I also have never seen the VT code and therefore cannot vouch for it's authenticity as it was presumably converted in Easy Language. I suspect that if I had 30 minutes of the time to show you how the machine should be traded you would have a more positive prognosis. I possess a 62 page PDF which describes how I trade.

Best regards,
Phil

allaomd
09:17,
Mr. Whipple,

In all fairness, I have never discussed trading that the MACD Dots with you personally. I also have never noticed the VT code and so can not vouch for it's authenticity when it was presumably converted in Easy Language. I suspect that when I had 30 minutes of the time to show you how the machine ought to be traded you would have a more favorable outlook. In addition, I possess a 62 page PDF which explains how I trade.

Best regards,
Phil Thanx for your 30min.

Artzdz
10:38,
Rob's EMA and Phil's indior are all related?

taysanso
11:58,
No they aren't. The code has EMAs inside to determine the current trend and I would argue that additional EMAs are not necessary. Rob has EMAs? Are there any amounts left for the rest of us?

Zampaseries
13:19,
I envision your system has had an overhaul or two because you pulled it back to commercial. Can you post a copy of the model that was free for us to evaluate? Mcgrew-lite to create two??? or an addict

Never mind. Just read your article.

taysanso
14:40,
Jersey Devil,

While I appreciate your offer I am likely to decline for many reasons:

1. Dumbing down the code is not likely to supply you the very best chance of success and it certainly would not put the system capabilites from the very best light.
2. I have clumsily stepped on a couple feet ensuring that the code is not publically posted. To do so today would certainly qualify me for a solid beating.
3. It would not be fair to people who have paid for the machine and also the chance to learn it properly.
4. Without spending a while with you it is improbable that you would be able to use the code into the fullest extent possible.

In case you've got additional questions contact me personally.

Best regards,
phil

Ana8893
16:01,
If I can chime in hear without getting a beating of my own, I would like to state for the record that it is my humble opinion that there is only 1 way to get the full advantage of using Phil's system. And that way is to receive your aid. If you find a dumbed-down variant of this somewhere, it is ideal to ignore it. It's like finding a copy of the Stochastics with one of the lines missing or something.

laay8994
17:21,
I have slpit this thread off of BGX, since BGX is not a part of this and is not being discussed of late. This will allow discussion of both topics...

Here is the Bunnygirl Cross https://www.forexsoutheast.asia/forex-brokers/186-experiences-brokers-updating-email-address.html

Thanks Scott

Zampaseries
18:42,
Jersey Devil,

While I appreciate your offer I am likely to decline for many reasons:

1. Dumbing down the code is not likely to offer you the best chance of succeeding and it certainly wouldn't put the system capabilites from the best light.
2. I have stepped on a couple feet ensuring the code is not publically posted. To do so now would certainly qualify me for a sound beating.
3. It wouldn't be fair to people who have paid for the system and also the chance to learn it correctly.
4. Without spending a while with you it is unlikely that you would be able to use the code into the fullest extent possible.

In case you've got additional questions contact me.

Best regards,
phil No problem. I had been assuming there was a gap between what you shared freely and what you currently sell. Maybe there's not, and should your response is clear.

Zampaseries
20:03,
If I could chime in hear without getting a beating of my own, I would like to state for the record that it is my humble opinion that there's only one method to find the full benefit of using Phil's system. And that method is to receive your help from Phil. If you find a dumbed-down variant of it somewhere, it is ideal to ignore it. It's like finding a replica of this Stochastics with one of the lines missing or something. Drawing on someones encounter with anything in life is going to be quicker than having to learn it all on your own. ligent people can figure things out, and with all due respect, I'm sure we can comprehend his system without the handholding. That's not what folks in your company want to hear, but luckily for you not everybody feels the way I do.

allaomd
21:24,
Just to keep everybody up to speed there is a parallel disscussion happening in
https://www.forexsoutheast.asia/crypto-trading/244-linear-regression-channel-indior-needed.html

javirv95
22:44,
I use a similar system developed by Rob Booker (http://robbooker.com). It utilizes a 5/15/63 EMA crossplatform. I also use a McGrew MCAD with it for early warnings for tops and bottoms. Works for me. I have been advised that McGrew's MCAD obligated one to use TradeStation, and they require a minimum $5000 account as well as charging $100 per month subscription. Since you use McGrew's MCAD could you inform me if this info is correct.

Additionally, from what I've been advised of McGrew's system, it's a stand alone, and if I understand you correctly, you use a moving average cross system in addition to it. Can you feel that this is essential? Or would you really feel comfortable using McGrew's system by itself?

Thanks for your assistance in getting advice about McGrew's MACD.